Friday, July 7, 2017

My view (review) on SRIDEVI MOM!

MOM - I have been lucky to have watched on the first day of the Private Screenings as the First Audience (before the media and others saw) to watch on big screen with co producer Sunil Manchanda and his family friends.
As I watched the movie, I was so shocked and first thing, I did was - sent this long message to Boney Kapoor on whatsapp



Dear Boneyji;

Sirrr.. Hatts off!!!
Firstly to you - for making this film. This is indeed your best gift to Srideviji and all her fans. I vouch for it.
This has been Sriji's most difficult performance of her career. She goes through so much agony, pain, stress and suffering too - for the sake of her daughter, and talk about it, step-daughter. It looked so real - that a real Mom feels for her daughter.
Being her ardent No.1 fan in this universe, I have always been her fan and no one else's. And my fondness for her is just worship. She is someone whom I have always looked up into acting. And everyone knows it too. My admiration towards Sriji is just pure as a die hard devotee for the Goddess Sridevi.
And from this very moment, I would proudly address her as SRI MOM.
Maybe thats why I have not called anyone MOM till now. As I address my mother as Maa and my mother-in-law as Mummy. This one was reserved for Sridevi. Truly!
She was always referred to as Actress with wonderful facial expressions. But I would say with MOM - she is the epitome of Expressions.
The expressions of pain and nervousness with that of suffering and cry.
She is the Queen of Expressions.
And my only prayer (Im very religious and I have full faith on my Mother Mary - The MOM of everyone) will pray that the film does wonders at the box office and Sridevi take home all the love of the audience, appreciation from the critics and juries give her all the marks and the orgnaisers give her awards for the coming year.
Thank you not once twice thrice, but umpteen times for this gift - Mom!
For the first time, I am seeing Sridevi cry so much. And that made me cry too. Many a places, I shed tears and got goosebumps. Infact Sridevi's character was that of a female Kamal Hassan. Because its Kamal Hassan's style of punishing the culprits. Like he used to do in some films Indian and Appu Raja. But that ends the comparison. This being unique, different and very fresh and Sridevi did it in her style (thanks to the screenplay writers)
Akshaye Khanna on screen performance looked like he is in the set of an Abbas Mustan film - his way of talk and style reminded me of his films those of Abbas Mustan thrillers.
Nawazuddin brought light humor and audience will love it.
Sajal Ali is your best discovery as the daughter. She could be compared to Alia. But again, no comparisons - Sajal was so perfect to the role. She too deserves a big round of applause.
Adnan reminded me of Kabir Bedi. Adnan's performance was very dignified.
The transgender sequence and the jail molestation sequence (only through the dialogues) may go well with the LGBT community and that will get the crowd in too.
The biggest highlight scene which me and every other Sridevi fan, besides a person watching the film - will cry is the Hospital scene when Sriji breaks down - her crying when she holds her tummy - signifies a mother's utmost pain. Although not her biological daughter but she showed that she loved, cared for her the most. The dialogue in the film says; Hume use samjane ki nahi, humein use samajne ki zaroorat hai.
Its too touching seeing Sridevi cry - looked very real and a real performance for me does not deserve a standing ovation but a bow done to her. Hail Sridevi MOM!
She actually didnt act, she did it for real.
And I would love to hand over a Best Award to her - The Rajeshwari Ayappan Award. An award in the name of her Mom!
And yes, Ravi needs to be given a pat on his back for making this slick stylish presentation of an intense and interesting screenplay. For his first time he may be considered for award too! Debutante and he has a bright chance of taking home the award!
Rahman's BG score is the one keeping you edged on seats.
There ended the whatsapp message and Boneyji gave a thumbs up to me and a broad smile icon.
Well in between this lengthy conversation, we also spoke on phone.
I could go on and on with my appreciation and praises for Sridevi and MOM.
What I then did is got to tweeter as I felt I should express more and I did for real as I got a dream and it visioned as:
Sridevi won a National Award for MOM. And this award dream came to me early in the morning. And as people say, early morning visions are for real and they do come true. As for me, my visions and dreams have always come true. Do I actually have to say and prove, that my dream of working with Srideviji came true. Not directly but indirectly though. Being working for Boney Kapoor Productions, doing some promotional activity, compiling Sridevi's 300 films list, making diary of her movies, and a little musical presentation of her career for Zee Studios, shuffling between Boneyji's production and the Studio of Zee... and in the midst of it, meeting the entire cast and crew and also watching Sridevi giving interviews live in front of my eyes... Now isnt this a dream come true
SO, while these dreams have become for real, its no doubt that she will take away all the awards and the nominations should not be shocked if their names are not called upon, its guaranteed for a SRIDEVI AWARDS next year and the presitigious NATIONAL AWARDS too!
Also, Sridevi has to be applauded 300 times for this wonderful performance in MOM. 300 because each clap for each of her movies she did from her first Thunaivan at the age of 4, that leading to her 300th film MOM. And Im happy that I have compiled it all and given it to them. The list of 299 films (300th being MOM) and this list is nowhere available in Wikipedia or IMDB, but with only Malanipedia (the Sridevi Encylopedia)
Till then, lets keep praising, applauding, appreciating and enjoying the success of our Sridevi Mom!
This is my way of Reviewing MOM
Sundeep Malani
Malani Talkies

2 comments:

  1. Great personal review, I am sure it will be read by many. Yes, your proposal to institute an award 'The Rajeshwari Ayappan Award' should be carried out by Boneyji. The film should sweep many awards including the National for Sreedevi and others. That MOM's cry from Sree, Oh, I cannot compare it with any of her other movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sundeep for the wonderful work. Sri is and always alive. Amen.

    ReplyDelete